The course aims to provide the learner with a full-fledged knowledge in Cost Accounting processes, to be applied in real life scenarios.
The learning focuses on ascertainment and analysis of Costs of Products/ Services/ Processes. It covers various techniques viz Process Costing, Job and Batch Costing, Marginal Costing and Cost Volume Profit Analysis, Standard Costing and Variance Analysis, Activity Based Costing. Learner will get and understanding of calculating costs under given scenarios. It also prepares the learner to analyse the variances and apply corrective measures. The process of preparing budgets and controlling the variances if any, is also included.
Case studies/ examples are added to give a scenario of real life. The learner will be better benefited if the learner is familiar with real life scenarios which will help connect with theoretical knowledge.
- Describe the Costing concepts and processes
- Explain the costing techniques for calculating costs for processes involved in a business
- Explain the concepts of Job and Batch Costing
- Elaborate the techniques of Marginal Costing and CVP Analysis
- Elaborate the Standard costs and variances
- Explain the Activity Based Costing
- Describe the processes of Budget and Budgetary Control
- Recognise the Costing concepts and processes
- Summarise the costing techniques for calculating costs for processes involved in a business
- Summarise the concepts of Job and Batch Costing
- Review the techniques of Marginal Costing and CVP Analysis
- Summarise the Standard costs and variances
- Summarise the Activity Based Costing
- Outline the processes of Budget and Budgetary Control
Who Should Attend?
- B.Com, M.Com, MBA or BBA graduates
- Accounting professionals
- Lecture Slides
12 Weeks / 40 Hours
Number of Questions
Types of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions
After completing this course and successfully passing the certification examination, the student will be awarded the “Essentials of Cost Accounting” certification.
If a learner chooses not to take up the examination, they will still get a 'Participation Certificate'
- Basics of Cost Accounting
- Cost Sheet
- Absorption Costing and Variable Costing
- Process Costing
- Material Control
- Pricing the Material issues
- Classification of Overheads
- Apportionment of Overheads
- Job Costing
- Batch Costing
- 40 hours of
- 12 Hrs Face to
- High Student
Engagement Platform - KRACKiN
- Project/Case studies
- End module
Learning Advisors for training
- 24x7 Online LMS
After the successful completion of this course, applicants can look for opportunities as:
- Accounts &
- Accounts &